Tuesday, May 5, 2009

An evening with Zakk



What was the best thing BEFORE sliced bread?? When Meatloaf sings that he would “do anything for love, but I won’t do that”, what IS “that”? If heat rises, why is it colder in the mountains? And why in the name of all that is good and holy will people wear shorts paired with a big ol’ North Face bubble coat in 70 degree weather?? Just a few mysteries of the universe that came up on my visit to Kanab. Kaylin’s sweetie gave us the answer to the Meatloaf question (although I still love the answer one of my friends at work gave – the dishes!) but we’re still on the hunt for the rest. Especially the last one….

The hubby and I are having a date night….we’re going to dinner and then to a concert of one of our favorites – Black Label Society. Those of you who aren’t familiar with the name (and that’s probably 99.9% of you), BLS is the band for Ozzy Osbourne’s guitar player, Zakk Wylde. Zakk is actually quite the guy, and a completely amazing guitar player. He may look a bit intimidating (okay, he looks like a Hells Angel in bell bottoms!), but is really a super dude. And super busy! If he’s not on the road with BLS or Ozzy, he is in the studio with one or the other band. Right now, he is just beginning his band’s tour, after finishing up a loooong tour with Ozzy, is just releasing his newest CD, and is in the process of writing songs for Ozzy’s next cd. (I’m getting tuckered out just thinking about all the irons he’s got in the fire…yeesh!) I bought tix for my hubby and my dad-in-law to go see Zakk 2 years ago (which they LOVED) and I am looking forward to a fantastic show tonight. Doom Crew forever!

We spent the evening on Saturday with my mom-in-law and her husband, who were in the area to watch his son race motocross. We had a leisurely dinner and chatted up a storm. The 2 ½ hours we were at the restaurant flew by! Then we took them by Steve’s work to show them some of the cool gear they make. It would have been nice if the weather had been decent…maybe we could have picnicked in the park or BBQ’d. Hopefully next time we can do that.

Have a good day everyone

No comments: