Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Murder so...sweet??


I love to read. I enjoy all kinds of books – everything from Ernest Hemmingway and Charles Dickens to Stephen King and Jackie Collins. There really is no specific genre I prefer although I tend to get stuck in ruts (my latest one has been vampire stories…the Sookie Stackhouse series, The Hollows series). I have to share with you the book I just finished up, however. It’s a murder mystery. With cookies. The book is called “Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder”….the name of the author escapes me at the moment. It is the first in a series, with the next book being “Strawberry Shortcake Murder”. Followed by the “Blueberry Muffin Murder”. You can see where this is going, right? Main character is named Hannah; she owns a busy bakery (The Cookie Jar) in a small Minnesota town. After stumbling into a murder case, she decides to help her brother-in-law the cop solve the case. What makes this book unique (I can’t wait to see if it holds true in the rest of the series) is that when Hannah whips up a batch of her famous cookies to take to an event, such as her Chocolate Chip Crunches or Black and Whites, the author gives you the recipe so you can enjoy them as well. Kind of a “two ‘fer”…a whodunit and a cookbook all in one :0) Haven’t tried any of them out yet…however the Chocolate-Covered Cherry Delights are calling to me….

No comments: