Friday, June 8, 2012

Men are from Mars, Women are from......Nordstrom??

"Women think about fashion more often in a day than men think about sex." Can I go ahead right now and call 'bullshit' on that?? A British study concluded that us gals are....well, clothes crazed. I don't know about YOU, but I don't think about clothes/fashion more than a few times a day - 'should I wear the blue tee shirt or the white one?', 'do these jeans may my butt look big(er)?', 'is it too cold out this morning to wear my flip flips?' - really is about the extent of it. Unless I see a cute pair of shoes/jeans a cute shirt/skirt/dress someplace (yes, Pinterest, I'm talking about you). Then I'll ponder upon it for several minutes. I'd say that I think about clothes no more than......10 minutes a day, max. Again with the Pinterest caveat. And a Nordstom/Buckle/Macys caveat. The study, done by British on-line retailer, Very.com, says otherwise; which makes me an oddity in the world of thinking women. Their study found that women think about Jimmy Choo kitten heels and Vera Wang maxi dresses a total of 91 times a day. NINETY ONE!! That's more than four times the amount of times the fellas think about doing the deed. Personally, I think they got that backwards. According to the study, a thought about fashion pops into women's minds for an hour and 19 minutes every day. That means that every 11 minutes and 23 seconds a woman stops to ponder style. My question is: How do these women get anything done???

No comments: