Monday, April 27, 2009

Brain cramps come with age


I think I’m suffering from some writers block. Can’t seem to come up with anything to write about. No earth-shattering events, no terrible tales to tell, no pet peeves to percolate. I guess that the monotony that is ruling my life at the moment is a good thing. If the biggest controversy I’ve chatted about this morning is how one of our friends is staked out at KFC waiting for his free piece of their new chicken, life’s got to be going blissfully smooth, right?

We did have some milestones in our little clan in the past week however. Both our son and our oldest daughter celebrated birthdays. If anything will make a gal feel old, it’s looking at your youngest kid, your “baby”, and realizing that next year he’ll be in high school and driving; then looking at your oldest child and realizing that she will be graduating from college next year. College! Holy. Cow. WHERE did all the time go?! It never went that fast when I was a kid. Jeez Louise. If I sit very still in a quiet room, listen very intensely I think I can hear new grey hairs sprouting out of my noggin. Sigh. That must be why I’ve been having the brain cramps…all those grey hairs clogging up the works.

Oh my gosh – Rat Pack week on AI! Love it :0) I like Frank and Dino tunes, not to mention Bobby Darin. So this will be a good week for me. LOTS better than Disco week last week…ugh. Not a big disco fan, folks. Not at all. I about fell over when KC of KC and the Sunshine Band fame strolled out on the stage…was waiting for the Bay City Rollers for the grand finale there (lol).

Have a great day everyone!

No comments: