Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Update

Well it’s about time! Jeez Louise!!! I really hadn’t intended on not posting for this long, but you know how it goes….things get crazy at work, at home; you find that while you have things to share, you just don’t have the time to write. Or, when you do have time, you just don’t feel like firing up the ol’ PC and clickty clacking away on the keyboard. It’s been a busy couple weeks…work has been…well…stressful and exhausting, to put it mildly; home has been a wonderful refuge from all the chaos of the workday, which is as it should be. The fam has had plenty of playtime over the last few weeks as well. From a family outing to the Arco desert (I’ll post some pics later) the day after my DH’s birthday for a day of target shooting, to lunch and a movie in a complete monsoon, to tossing the football outside in the evenings, to a trip to SLC for a Moochie’s sandwich and a new toy for the hubby. Yes, we have a new addition to the family…I have to admit, it’s a cute little guy :0) It’s German…fahrfegnugen (lol). Sounds a-maz-ing. I’ll snap a pic or two to share. Oh! I planted 2 tomato plants…for a container garden since I don’t have time for a REAL garden. I am pleased to report that they have blossoms on them – yay!!! I’ve never planted tomatoes before. Thought about it lots. Wanted to do it for years. Finally took the plunge. Am being rewarded with the promise of yummy tomatoes to come :0) I also got some raspberry starts from a friend, planted them; my darling husband trimmed them with the weed whacker on accident. I almost had heart failure. Steve felt terrible. The poor little things were only in the ground for 2 weeks before they got whacked :0( The good news is that the stalks are still green. The local grower that these plants originally came from said they should be okay. (I put some Miracle Grow on them anyway. Couldn’t hurt to have a little nutrient boost, right?) Dreams of fresh raspberries may have to wait until next year, though. Sigh. FINALLY settled on paint colors for the living room and kitchen – woo hoo! Looking forward to getting those 2 rooms (and the hallway) painted. They’ve needed it for quite some time but we – okay, I – could not decide what color. I waffle. What can I say?? On our little excursion to SL last weekend, we took the scenic route back out to I-15 from Moochies: down Highland Drive, through the cities of Sugarhouse and Liberty Heights. Never been to either city, so it was something new. I have to tell ya, if I HAD to move to SLC, those would be the places I’d want to move to….beautiful older homes, cute little neighborhoods, adorable little shops. And a Barnes & Noble the size of Rhode Island! Loved it loved it loved it. Well, I guess I’ve babbled enough for now. Have a great day all!!!!

No comments: