Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Class of '89


Happy Hump Day!!! I hope everyone’s week is going well :0)

So this coming weekend is my high school class reunion…the big 2-0 year reunion. Am I going? Um…no. I really have no desire to see 99% of the people I went to school with. Most of “them” I grew up with…we went to grade school and junior high together. Being a military kid, I never really fit in with them. Even though I started going to school in the first grade with these folks, I was always the outsider. I was quiet and VERY shy so I got picked on and harranged all through my academic existence. Yeah, that helped bring me out of my shell (can you see my eyeballs rolling??) “They” made my life hell. Needless to say, I don’t have a whole lot of “happy school memories” and I hated even setting foot in school because of “them” (I ditched every chance I got). In class I never wanted to be called on or sit in front; my goal was to sit in back in quiet non-existance and not draw attention to myself. Those school friends I was tight with I still see and keep in touch with. The rest of my HS class? I wish them happiness in their lives, but don’t care to spend time reliving the “glory days” over dinner, thanks anyway. Not that they’ll miss me. Occasionally when I am in the old hometown I run into some of the class of ’89. Most don’t show any acknowledgement. Some have actually turned out to be pretty decent now that we’re not in HS anymore. I admit that it has been interesting peeking in on the class reunion website to see where everyone ended up and what they look like now. Some of them look so different that I would never recognize them in a million years. Some look the same as they did in school, just a little older. I think I look pretty much the same - just a bit more of me (I would LOVE to still weigh 115!), no orthodontic “accessories” (my son gets to enjoy that now) and my hair is lots smaller. Oh yes, I had the “bitch flip” big hair going on. What can I say??...it was the style…the bigger the better. Man was my hair big…lotsa teasing and lotsa hairspray…I should have bought stock in Paul Mitchell…oy vey. I hope the friends who are attending the reunion with have a good time. Send me pics of you with your hubbies all dressed up for the dinner….I know ya’ll will look amazing! :0)

Doing a random survey today…prompted by a question posed by a local DJ on my local rock station yesterday morning. Now that they have 500 different kinds of M & M’s, what kind is your favorite? My vote has to go to Peanut Butter…those little drops of peanut buttery “melt in your mouth not in your hands” goodness are hard to beat in my book….but dark chocolate is a close 2nd. I wish they’d bring back the cherry ones and the crispy kind. But I was raised never to look a gift chocolate in the M, so I will happily munch down any kind ;0)

1 comment:

Nikki and Kade said...

My favorite are the new coconut M&Ms. SOO good. And I won't turn down a Strawberried Peanut Butter one either..yum