Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Where in the world





In a totally random conversation with my darling husband recently, we were discussing (and I don’t know how we even got on this subject to begin with) places in the world we could live in. If we didn’t already live in America. Okay, mostly it’s places I’d like to live (or at least see!) before I die…kind of a travel “bucket list” for myself. After pondering, I figure if we were independently wealthy, we could actually live in each of these places during our lifetime. I think growing up as a military brat can either push you to like to travel, see different places, or make you to want to set down roots in a town and not want to go anywhere. Ever. For me, it is definitely the first of the two. I like to travel. I yearn to explore. There are days I would love to just drive to the airport, blow my paycheck on a ticket to wherever and…go. I long to go somewhere new. See someplace I’ve never been. Guess I’m a nomad at heart. Anyway, here are my “top 5 places”:

5. Scotland (lotsa plaid and a monster in a lake…no way I’m eating haggis…sorry)
4. Ireland (Guinness, blarney and a 7 mile walk is considered a “good stretch of the leg”)
3. England (how do you play cricket and what the heck is a crumpet??)
2. Japan (Mt Fujii, kimonos, samarai…stay away from the sake…whoa Nelly!)
1. Italy (um, hel-lo…Rome!? Venice?!? Tuscany!!? Oh, and then there’s pasta)

Italy was pretty much the hands-down winner for the hubby too…the history is amazing and the food is deeeelish!! He’s not big on eating fish or seaweed so he claims he’d starve to death in Japan; however I know that if I could just get him to TRY sushi……


PS
Where would YOU go???

2 comments:

Nikki and Kade said...

I'm with you on Italy. I've always wanted to go there, but it's intensified right now since I'm reading Angels and Demons.

Wildflower said...

I LOVED that book!!!! DaVinci Code was good, but A & D is fantastic! (I had to quit reading it for a little bit when I first got it...Pope John Paul died at the same time the Pope in the book did...the timing was just too weird.) Hope you enjoy the book as much as I did...and hope we BOTH get to go to Italy! :0)