Friday, March 25, 2011

To ink or NOT to ink




If I get a tattoo now that I have hit the big 4-0 would it fall under the “mid-life crisis” category? I’ve kicked around the idea of getting a tattoo for years and years. Long time. Thus far the only things that have stopped me from getting one is A) its gonna HURT!!!, and B) the spouse says ‘no way’. Its not like I am getting a full sleeve or a back piece, for heaven’s sake. Just a smallish tattoo on my…ankle? Shoulder blade? (NOT the lower back. Ouch.) of something feminine but not overly girly. Lord knows I am much more of a tom-boy than a girly girl. I had the brilliant idea for a while that if I ever went to Sturgis, I’d get one there…you know, “mark the occasion” as Sturgis would most likely be a once in a lifetime thing. Oh yes, I know….what WAS I thinking. (shrug) chalk it up to that wild, impulsive streak I have. Luckily, more mature thought processes halted that. Could have gotten one in Vegas at Vince Neil’s shop or at Hart and Huntington. Or I could have gotten one in the Bahamas with my BF. Again with the impulse squashing. I will get one in my hometown. I know where to go, which person to do it and what I want. Now if I can get up the nerve to face the pain….I’ll be set. Don’t hold your breath though. I'm such a wuss ;)

No comments: