Wednesday, March 11, 2009

(not so) Wordless Wednesday

















I am breaking with the “wordless” part of WW today because I just have to comment on these pics (I took these pictures around 12:30 Monday afternoon while I was home for lunch). Let’s start with bit of background, though, shall we? Sunday afternoon I was enjoying sun streaming through my windows. I had at some point wandered over to the sliding glass patio door and was watching the little finches in the plum tree, thinking to myself how awesome it was to have the backyard free of snow. All gone. No snow at all; a little left out front where the piles hadn’t quite melted away completely, but the backyard was free and clear. Ahhh…so nice. And then Monday hit. Now mind you I had heard the weatherman on the 10 o’clock news say that we had an 80% chance of snow, accumulations of 3 – 6 inches. Okay….I’m thinking 3, maybe 4 inches…it was still fairly warm out so we had a chance of skating out with even just 2” with a little luck. No problem. The snow began sometime after midnight, picking up in earnest around 4 a.m. And it snowed. And snowed. Then it got serious and really let ‘er rip. TWENTY SEVEN INCHES LATER, it finally stopped. Oh my goodness y’all. All I could do each time I looked outside was just stand there with my mouth wide open, looking very much like a big-mouth bass I’m sure. WHERE did this come from?!? What the heck happened to the 3 to 6 inches?? ((((sigh)))) At least my dogs enjoyed the snow. They LOVE snow. Poor Trixie was pushing snow with her chest like a little furry black snowplow….cracked me up to watch her more or less burrowing her way around the backyard. The forecast calls for our temps to be up to 50 by Saturday/Sunday. Let the melting commence!.....again.

No comments: