Friday, November 7, 2008

Feeding the Fish


Why do people ask stupid questions? Why, why, WHY?! I’ll give you an example that just happened. Man walks into my office…looks in my boss’ office…no boss. He turns and looks at me and says, “Not in here, huh?” I look this person in the eye and reply, “No, he is out in the plant someplace.” The guy says, “He’s just not in the office then.” Unless my boss is hiding under his desk or behind my coat on the coat rack, NO!! He’s not in here!!! What part about no one sitting at the desk and my telling you he is in the plant threw you off there, big guy?? Seriously!!! Fire up a brain cell – I know there must be one in there that’s functional - and think. That whole shpeal that Bill Engvall does about “here’s your sign” is just sooo right on the money. People say just the most God-awful stupid things! And I can complain about this because I know I am one of these people from time to time…I’ve certainly had my share of “DOH!!” moments where the words were out of my mouth before my brain could stop them. I just have a low tolerance for stupidity (especially mine!)

Have y’all heard about the monster blizzard that has hit the Dakotas and parts thereabout? Holy snowballs, Batman!!!! Some places got 49” of snow in the last day or so. That’s just over 4 FEET of snow!!! And they’re expecting more today!! Good grief!!!! I can’t imagine…..and I’m thankful it’s not ME shoveling all that. Yet. We get our turn for snow next week. Monday. At least that’s what the weather guys are saying, and we all know how accurate they are.

The guppy is on his way with the swim team to a big meet several hours south of here. He’s super excited about the trip and should do very well in his events. I’m not sure if he’s more excited about missing a day of school or the actual meet ;0) I probably packed him enough food for the bus ride down and snacks for the next 24 hours to feed a small armada…can’t help it….overzealous mom mode kicked in. I just want to make sure he has plenty of fuel (not junk food!) to keep him going inbetween meals and events since he’s not traveling with us and we don’t have a lot of access to him during the meet. Anyone with a teenage boy knows they eat like a horse anyway…throw in the intense physical activity on top of that and you’ve got a ravenous kid on your hands. My job as a swim mom is to make sure my guppy is properly nutriented so he can kick some swimming butt! :0)

You all have a great weekend and I’ll see ya on the flipside :0)

No comments: