Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!


“The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings."
-- Henry Ward Beecher


(I love that quote)

Ah, Thanksgiving. A wonderful day of family, friends and good food; a day to reflect about the birth of our country - the hardships faced by the brave souls who sailed across an ocean to find a place to call their own, to be without religious persecution; the many sacrifices of our forefathers who rose up in the face of the King of England to declare us a nation free of British rule, who fought to secure the rights which were endowed upon us by God; all those who have given of themselves to ensure we remain the land of the free, home of the brave. All of the above, I am exceedingly thankful for. I am thankful for the love of a good man, my darling husband, who would “swim through shark-infested water to bring me a glass of lemonade”; I am thankful for a son who has a heart bigger than Texas, who makes me laugh at least once a day; I am thankful for my oldest daughter, who lets me be part of her life and who I could learn volumes from on how to be happy each and every day; I am thankful for my son-in-law, who loves my daughter deeply and is just a great kid; I am thankful for my youngest daughter, who is able to light up any room with her smile and laughter; I am thankful for my in-laws for welcoming me into their families, for the time they share with us, and for their love. I am thankful for my extraordinary friends for all they share of themselves…their strength, compassion, courage, time and love is heartfelt and much appreciated.

I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: