Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Vamping

Busybusybusy...busy finishing tidying up the house, busy with work....oh and budget rears it's ugly head again...knew that was coming. Ick.

“Twilight” opened last week, much to the rejoicement of teenage girls (and big girls too) everywhere. For those who don’t know, “Twilight” is the first book in a series of vampire novels written by a lady who could possibly be the next JK Rowling. The buzz about these books has been huge, to say the least…borders on mania. I feel like I am about the last person on the planet to read any of these; I hear ”you haven’t read those?! You gotta read those books!” a lot. I finally broke down and bought “Twilight” over the summer. I’m almost finished (I got side-tracked with several other books along the way, thanks to regular trips to the library). Not quite sure I get what all the hub-bub is about. Don’t get me wrong….it’s been an okay book; but it’s hasn’t sucked me in like Anne Rice’s vampire chronicles did…I could not put those books down! “Twilight”? Not so much. I’ll probably end up reading the next one, just to give it a fair shot. Could be by the time I finish this one I am hooked, who knows.

On another vampire note, “True Blood” wrapped up its first season this past Sunday. I’m bummed. Don’t wanna wait until summer for it to start back up. I don’t know if I mentioned before that this show is based on (yet another) series of vampire books. I think I will pick up the first one…with luck it will be at least as good as the series. Something to help me through my Sookie Stackhouse withdrawls ;0)

Went out for coffee and some browsing last night with my DF, Rose. Had a wonderful time. I always enjoy getting together with her…she’s such an awesome lady. Gabbed over coffee and dessert until our waiter all but dragged us to the door (lol), then wandered over to Bed Bath and Beyond and perused their aisles (sooo much cute stuff!) We don’t get together nearly as much as we should. Got to hear about her grandbabies, all the cute things they are doing; how the girls and their hubbys are doing; work, books, old TV shows (we’re talking “I Love Lucy” and the “Dick Van Dyke Show” kind of old shows), music…all the good stuff that friends yak about together. We’ve been friends for about 9 years, our youngest daughters were buds, our husbands play in the band together; we know so much about each other’s lives and families. She is a great friend and I am very blessed to have her in my life.

Seize the day!

No comments: