Friday, December 19, 2008

Linus' Speech


Happy Friday to you!

After enduring a couple days where it has been colder than a snowman’s toe (it was -2 yesterday morning when I left for work, not including the wind chill), it is almost a heatwave this morning – a balmy 31 degrees out! Whoo hoo!!! The warmer temps are thanks to a big snowstorm that is moving in…round 2 of the snow is supposed to start here in a couple hours. The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for us from 6 a.m. today thru 6 p.m. TOMORROW night. Hope Christopher feels like doing some shoveling :0) And I am not above bribery…I think a nice big Starbucks cappacino with a blueberry muffin would go a long way toward getting the driveway cleared out, don’t you??

I will be finishing up my wrapping tonight…figured I’d throw in my “Charlie Brown Christmas” dvd to watch while I’m cutting, taping and ribboning. This movie has the best speech in it…in fact it is my FAVORITE part of the entire movie. Linus gives this speech, taken from the scriptures, at the Christmas play rehersal, which has gotten a bit out of hand for it’s director Charlie Brown. Now, while I do not actively attend church of any kind, I certainly believe in the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit; I try to be a spiritual person and follow the “Big 10”, doing my best to be a moral and decent human being. Yeah, I fall short sometimes, not as good a person as I should be some days, but overall I think I’m doing okay. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do; it puts Christmas into the correct perspective…one that sadly so many lose sight of.

Linus’ Christmas Speech
"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone ‘round about them, and they were so afraid. And the angel said unto them, ‘Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.’ And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men'. That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.”

This will probably be my last post before Christmas, so I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a new year full of love, happiness and peace.

No comments: