Monday, December 1, 2008

Dog Tired



Wow…December 1st….doesn’t seem like it should be December already. Where did November go? Yeesh!

I am sooo dang tired! It would take 2 of me to be any more tired (lol). Yeah, the dog napping on the couch here is very appropriate today...wish it was me!! This morning was registration for the winter quarter. And I am officially “registered” for class. It took getting up at 4a.m. (ugh!) so I could be at the school by 5a.m. (oh yes, I said 5 in the a.m.) to stand in line to get in to the class I wanted, but by jingle I did it. Sounds completely nuts, doesn’t it. That’s what I thought as well when a friend told me (after I missed out on registration for last quarter) that I’d need to be at the school by 5 to wait in line. Nonsense…ridiculous…that’s just silly. Hah! When I arrived at the school at the crack of 5, I was flabberghasted to find that I was the 4th person in line!!! (good crikey!!) So I stood in line with my big cuppa coffee I grabbed on the way in to town, iPod on, in the cold, trying to keep warm, until the janitor (bless his heart) took pity on the 8 or 9 of us in line at 5:50 and let us into the school to wait….ahhh, warmth! :0) By the time they opened the door to the registrants office at 7:30 I was more than ready to get done and go to work. Standing/sitting in one spot not doing anything for that long on significantly less sleep than one is accustomed without dozing off is TOUGH!

I don’t know if I mentioned that Chantelle and James brought their “kid”, Benny the Pug (pictured above with Chris), with them over Thanksgiving. He had been having some health issues for a few days which made them not want to leave him home by himself overnight, so they loaded him up in his crate and brought him. He’s such a cute little guy…especially in one of his “hoodies” :0) Cracks me up. He stayed in the laundry room (where he managed to hop on top of the washing machine until James took the crate out of there) so that he wouldn’t get tangled up with one of our cats. He was a good boy, got to go for walks, and had lots of belly scratches. He snores! How cute is that?! I’m sure my house has not seen the last of Benny the Pug.

Have a great Monday!!!

No comments: