Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Flaky Tuesday


Happy Tuesday to ya! I’ll bet you all had a great Valentine’s day and spent the weekend relaxing and having a good time.

Monday was a very busy day…work kept me hopping with learning our new Kronos and PeopleSoft systems, handing out our new ID cards and learning the new task codes. Lots to remember but it will get easier over the next couple weeks. Or I will totally screw everything up and cause tons more work for myself. Either way (lol)

It’s snowing like a banshee this morning! It’s that super heavy wet stuff that is back breaking to shovel. It also packs down real good and turns to ice…that the roads are bad goes without saying. Going home at lunch should be a treat (not!!)

Sounding like we are heading north over the weekend to visit with my father-in-law….lunch/dinner, probably a movie at the house….along with our oldest and her hubby. It’s been a while since we’ve been able to see my FIL so we are very much looking forward to our visit. Just hope Mother Nature cooperates.

Did I mention that our “Houdini” dog, Moe, ditched his collar and bailed over the fence last week? He had a good 2 hour start before my hubby told me what had happened (Steve let the dogs out in the backyard while he was in the shower….by the time he went to let them in, Moe had got off his chain/out of his collar and jumped the fence…which is why he has to be on the chain when he’s outside in the first place). I left work, drove around the neighborhood for about 10 minutes until I stumbled across his sorry rear end. Over the weekend we noticed that he was developing a big ol’ bump on his schnozz….looked like he was trying to sprout a horn (lol). Well, it has since opened up and wept/bled, along with some sores he has on the right side of his muzzle that appeared late Sunday night. He also has assorted wounds on both ears. Near as we can figure, he got tangled up with a cat somewhere in his run-about, the wounds taking a couple days to become infected enough to manifest themselves. If I didn’t know better I’d swear he got tangled with a porcupine….but there were no quills. Whatever he messed with, I hope he learned a lesson. His nose began to scab over last night so it's not quite as icky looking and raw..now he just looks pathetic. Silly mutt.

Have a wonderful day y’all!

No comments: