Friday, April 25, 2008

Ah, the 80's...


I’m an 80’s child….I will readily admit to being one. I still love all the music from the 80’s, be it Depeche Mode, DMC or Def Leppard; “16 Candles”, “Weird Science”, “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” and the “Breakfast Club” are some of my favorite movies…they still crack me up; I even have my Swatch (complete with Swatch guard) and the Coca-Cola sweatshirt I bought in high school. I know the profound meaning of “wax on, wax off”; I wanted to be a Goonie; I know what a Fraggle is; I owned fluorescent/neon clothes, jelly shoes and banana clips; I wanted to “Relax” with Frankie, and party like it was “1999”; I wanted to have the high score on Pole Position, spent lots of time in an arcade, and saved my turn on a game with quarters line up on the machine; I moon-walked, wore stirrup pants, miniskirts and high-tops; I know what Michael Jackson looked like before all the plastic surgery and who shot JR. Do you know who Max Headroom is? Did you “Rock the Kazbah”? Did the PMRC ban a record you had? If any of this sounds familiar, you could be a child of the 80’s too.

No comments: