Monday, April 28, 2008

Family and Fred




Saturday was fun….it was my oldest daughter’s birthday…the big 19. Last year as a teen. We had a nice family day, birthday lunch with my dad-in-law, the birthday girl and her husband, my hubby, son and myself, then enjoyed the rest of the afternoon at Chantelle and James’ house. My mother-in-law joined in the celebration, bringing cake and ice cream, and it was just a very pleasant day. I just hope Chany’s living room survives the Wii she got (lol).
Once we arrived home late Saturday night, however, we found an interesting surprise waiting for us. Our tom cat, Fred, was on the steps ready to go in for some food and some milk. Once in the house, we noticed that Fred was a little “aromatic” shall we say….apparently at some point during the evening Fred, being the defender of his territory, saw a new “cat” he figured needed to be chased out of his area. Needless to say, it wasn’t a new cat, it was a skunk. Our poor cat smells sooooo bad. And he’s just gonna have to stay that way because I like my arms attached to my body and am NOT giving him a bath.

1 comment:

crazydarla said...

Holy Cow! That is not Sierra is it? (is that right?) 19 already?
Darla