Monday, April 14, 2008

Hogs on parade


Ahh…finally some nice weather! This weekend was b-e-a-u-tiful – loads of sunshine, temps in the 60’s - makes me hopeful that it really is springtime. On my way into town yesterday I could not believe the amount of bikers zipping about on their awesome machines...nothing brings them out like a sunny spring day after months of just staring longingly at their motorcycle parked in the garage. Now, the sound of a Harley has long been one of my favorites…when I was a kid, two of my uncles had Harleys and I couldn’t wait to go for a ride on when we visited them. Flying down a backroad in my dad’s hometown on the back of a hog with the sun on my shoulders and the wind in my face was one of the best things I experienced growing up. My friend Rose and I enjoyed a leisurely cuppa coffee on the patio at Starbucks yesterday, soaking up el sol, packs of bikers riding past in their leathers would interrupt our conversation as we paused to admire the bikes and envy the riders. What better way to enjoy a gorgeous spring day than on a motorcycle riding out thru the countryside, thru the mountains, or just across town. I think it’s the Harley-Davidson motto that says “Live to ride, ride to live”….days like Sunday make me understand exactly what that means.

2 comments:

crazydarla said...

Oh yes.... Ed loves his bike and has been out a couple of times as soon as the sun is shining! Can't wait for summer to arrive! Of course, we'll have no repeats of last year (wrecked his new VStar less than one month after purchase!).... Darla

crazydarla said...

http://forcedoptimism.blogspot.com/2007_06_01_archive.html

If you scroll down to June 21st on this page you can see more about Ed's wreck!