Thursday, August 14, 2008

Breakfast of Champion




Morning! Another day in paradise, right? Hope all is well with you.

Stayed up late late late last night (late for me, at least) watching the Olympics...swimming and the gymnastics. I have to tell you that our men's swim team rocks! They're amazing...Michael Phelps is phenomenal. My son is a swimmer so he was intensely watching the competitions as well. Now. This leads me to a story I saw on Fox & Friends yesterday morning....what does Michael Phelps eat in a day? His recommended caloric intake on a daily basis is 8 - 10 THOUASAND CALORIES. Yes, I said 8,000 to 10,000. But keep in mind this guy swims 5+ hours a say. Hmm...lets see....according to his autobiography, each day he starts "with three sandwiches of fried eggs, cheese, lettuce, tomato, fried onions, and mayonnaise; add one omelet, a bowl of grits, and three slices of French toast with powdered sugar; then wash down with three chocolate chip pancakes." Dear lord. That's more calories than I probably eat in an entire week...in just one meal! (I think I gained 5 pounds just thinking about it) I'd settle for just the omlette or the pancakes everyday...which I could probably get away with, but it'd be the only thing I'd have to eat every day...otherwise my butt would be bigger than a rhinos! :0)

I chatted with my friend Suzy yesterday....haven't heard from her in a while so it was great to hear from her. She is one of the most awesome people I know. She's been a paramedic, ran a orthopaedic clinic, taught the paramedic course at the University of Alaska in Fairbanks (did I mention she lives in Alaska?), was a flight medic who flew into the small villages in the Alaskan outback to bring medicine to the natives (among other missions)and is now teaching combat medicine for the Army at the base up in AK. PLUS she has raised 2 wonderful boys and is a great wife to boot! Hopefully one day we can travel to Fairbanks to see her. She keeps telling me she has a job waiting for me....I'd only be interested in the summer ;0)

Have a great day ya'll!!!

No comments: