Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Migrane by Mozzarella??


Hope everyone had a joyful and fun weekend. And I hope the blog monster doesn't eat my post again today ;0)

Went to a wedding reception for the daughter of a friend I haven’t seen in about 14 years. Got married, moved, lost touch; she kept in touch with my BF, thankfully. Saturday my BF and I (along with my youngest niece) rolled out to the reception, resplendent in our dresses, anxious to see our long-lost bud. Susan looked beautiful, still bubbly and fun. We were thrilled to meet her husband, Michael, who seems to be a great guy, and their 6 year-old son – what a cutie-patootie!! Bride was stunning, new son-in-law looked handsome in his tux. Wishing them much love and happiness in their journey together. Since Susan lives pretty close, I hope we can all get together for a chatfest and do some catching up.

Had pizza for dinner Sunday night….bad girl :0) Later developed a bad headache, so I went to the bedroom to lay down. Watched/listened to “House” (LOVE that show!!) while laying there; he happened to mention that wine and cheese will trigger headaches. Cheese? Really?? I have long heard that the nitrites in red wine will give people headaches, but never have I heard that cheese will make you hurt. Being the curious Kate that I am, I had to check it out. Monday morning I went out to WebMD (great site!) and sure enough, there was an article on that very subject. It seems that aged cheese contain a substance called tyramine that forms when the proteins in the cheese break down. The longer the cheese is aged, the higher the tyramine content. The article goes on to name several “cheese headache culprits”, including cheddar, blue cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and swiss. Who knew!? Not I, said this little red hen. And who says watching tv isn’t educational? ;0)

I am taking some time off today to finish up school shopping for the kidlet…hopefully get his hair cut….registration is tonight. School starts next week, much to the chagrin of kids all over the county. It’ll be good to get back into the school groove.

Have a good day!!

No comments: