Monday, October 27, 2008

Body World


Okay. So I went to see the Body Worlds 3 exhibit over the weekend with my good friend Rose, my oldest kiddo and my son-in-law. I had heard about this last year when said oldest child went to Phoenix to visit her mom…one of the shows was there (they’ve got 4 or 5 of them now, each with a different theme) so she went with her mom, step-dad, little brother and sister. Also, my Anatomy and Physiology professor talked about it in class…he’d been to one in Seattle. Suggested we go if we had the chance to see one. Our exhibit opened on the 19th of September in SLC and it is the 3rd show with the theme of the heart. This is not an exhibit for everyone. It’s extremely graphic…you can’t show the details about your body and how it works with out being that frank. You know what I’m saying? Definitely not everyone’s cup of tea. That being said, it was the singularly most interesting and amazing thing I have ever seen. I’m not kidding. I have carpet burns on the bottom of my chin from it dragging the floor for 3+ hours (LOL). The bodies are posed in different ways in which show how everything moves and works together in motion. They’re actually quite beautiful in their own kind of macabre way. There is lots more to discuss but I don’t want to make any of you who don’t get into things like anatomy revisit your lunches, so I’ll stop here. If you are interested in the exhibit, visit theleonardo.org to find out more and how to get tix to the SLC show.

In other developments, Chris had his first HS swim meet Saturday. He competed in 3 events – 2 individual races and a relay – and he WON his 100m freestyle race!!! He not only won, he shaved 23 seconds off his best time for that event. Yes, I could have the next Michael Phelps living in my house as we speak ;0) The relay…well, he kicked butt and was the lead-off man, the last kid hauled too, but the 2 kids in the middle…not so much. They finished 3rd in that one. His other individual race was the 100 backstroke and he did good – 4th – but was racing bigger kids. He’ll get ‘em next time. Overall the boys team took first place and the girls team finished 2nd….not a bad start to the year!

Hope you all enjoyed the fine fall weather and are having a good day so far.

No comments: