Monday, October 13, 2008

Notes


Ah, the first snowstorm of the season. We got lucky on the snow accumulation….pretty much nothing but a light dusting. It just wasn’t cold enough for it to stick. And the fact that most of the storms split when they reach our valley, taveling either east or west of us, played into that lack of snow someplace I’m sure.

Looking for pumpkins this week …getting some ideas of what to carve. I’ve seen some real,cute ideas from that company who puts out the pattern books every year (their name escapes me at the moment). I’m not as artistic as my better half so I have to resort to patterns. What I see in my head isn’t what I end up with…I cut out what I should leave and vice versa. Oops.

Had word last night from our good friend Doctor Picker in St Louis that he and his son will be coming out here around Christmas to visit with us and other friends. We haven’t seen them in about 3 years so this will be a wonderful treat.

I’ve been listening to a lot of classical music the last few days (thanks in large part to a fab co-worker who was kind enough to add his mps’s to the few pieces I already had), which I enjoy tremendously when I’m in the right mood. As I listened, a thought occurred to me…how in the world did Beethoven write such beautiful music after he had lost his hearing?? Being able to hear until his 20s (if memory serves), could he still “hear “ the notes in his mind as he wrote? How could he know what his finished works sounded like when played, or if they were played correctly?? It just boggles my mind to think about. Absolutely amazes me.

Enjoy your day!!

No comments: