Friday, October 3, 2008

Dirty Dancing in the Morning


I had one of those Twilight Zone moments this morning. I woke up with “Time of My Life” from the Dirty Dancing movie stuck in my head for whatever reason…couldn’t begin to guess why…I haven’t seen the movie in quite a while…didn’t hear the song anywhere…just popped into my cranium. Been humming it all morning. I get to work, go to the main offices to get our “mail” and it is playing on the dang radio!! Seriously!! I kid you not. Most definitely one of those things that make you go ‘hmmm’.

Another oddity occurred earlier in the week – I got word from my “crash crew” buddy and good friend, Darla, that they’ve got a site up for the SHS Class of ’89 20-year reunion. 20 years. Good Lord…can it really have been that long already!?! I’m not old enough for that yet!! Okay, so I have some grey hairs…I’ve had those SINCE HS (I blame Algebra class for that)...I'm still young!...a 20-year reunion would mean I'm almost...40 ((gasp!!)) I peeked in on the class of ‘88’s site over the summer and was enjoying seeing where people ended up at, what they were doing, and of course how much/little they changed. I have done the same for my own class with the few “classmate profiles” that are posted thus far. Some people I wouldn’t know if they ran me over with a cement truck. Others look pretty much the same, just a little older. I will confess to being petty enough that it makes me smile to see some of the “beautiful people” I went to school with sporting lotsa extra pounds and some wrinkles…I’d hate to be the only one ;0) Yeah, I know, ”if you can’t say anything nice....” yadda yadda yadda. Sue me.

Have NOTHING really planned for the weekend – I don’t have to work (yay!), no fundraisers going on, nada. Possibility of a visit by my DH’s friend Lynn and his kids tomorrow, but we’ll see. If it’s not raining (much) I think I’ll head out with the camera and get some pics.

Enjoy your weekend and I’ll see you back here again later!!!!

No comments: