Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October!!



Here we are in October. I love October for the simple reason that Halloween is my all-time fav holiday! Bring on the skeletons, the jack-o-lanterns, zombies, witches and mummies! I can’t wait to pop big bowls of popcorn and settle into nights of classic horror movies on AMC or TCM – you know, the really good cheesy monster movies like “Dracula” starring Bela Legosi, “The Invisible Man” , and “Frankenstein” with Lon Chaney Jr.; and “Psycho” (I still can’t shower without peeking out from the curtain to make sure Norman Bates isn’t waiting by the sink to get me!) is a staple of classic horror movies. Of course I have to pop in my dvd of “Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein”…LOVE that one :0) I dress up most years; last year I came to work in a big flannel nighshirt (I had shorts on underneath), socks and slippers, curlers in my hair and a mud mask on my face. I got some interesting looks in that get up for sure ;0) I thought my boss was going to hurt something laughing that hard (LOL). I’m kicking around going as a zombie this year…I have a place to get the “white eyes” contact lenses so my eyes would be totally blank…then just put really pale make-up on…I could wear my everyday clothes…quick and simple costume. Or maybe a vampire…I could get some red or some snake-eye contacts and some little teeth, use the pale make-up and dress in regular clothes. We’ll see. Got a few weeks yet to make up my mind. Let the “ghoul”-d times roll :0)

No comments: