Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Friends and Babies


Sorry it’s been so long since I have checked in ….busy…you know how it is. I started class last week, which is going to be interesting. This week will be our first “stick” so I am a bit anxious about that (sigh) but I will have to just focus on being “professional”, since that is what I am there to learn how to do. I know I can do this; I’m a tad concerned about being the “stick-ee” however…it makes my arms hurt to think about it….all I ask of my fellow students is to be gentle with me…I am not a pincushion.

Last Friday I took my DF Rose out to dinner for her birthday. She is such a special person and I am so blessed to count her among my friends. We munched on Café Sabor’s outstanding food….when we weren’t busy gabbing :0) 2 ½ hours just flew right by, which is par for the course when we get together. Among the topics of conversation was the impending birth of her newest grandchild. Said grandkid was over his due date, so everyone was hopehopehoping for a phone call any second to say that he was on his way. Unfortunately that call did not come during dinner. Or Saturday. Or Sunday. I am pleased to report, though, that Nicole gave birth to her beautiful son yesterday afternoon. Rose told me last night that everything went well, that baby is doing wonderful and the proud parents are absolutely on cloud 9. So congratulations to Nicole and Cade!!! I am thrilled for you :0) Wishing you much love and happiness as you embark on this new chapter in your life.

It seems to be a good week for babies. Another DF of mine, Susie, is impatiently awaiting the arrival of her grandchild (think of your kids in the backseat during a long car trip repeating “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?” and that’s about how anxious Susie is - LOL). Daughter Kendra is scheduled to be induced this Saturday if nature continues to drag its feet. At this point, I don’t know who is more anxious to have the baby come – Suz or Kendra! I am very happy for both Susie, who will be the cutest little grandma, and Kendra & Jordan. Keeping my fingers crossed that delivery goes well for mamma and baby. I have discovered in the last few days that Susie is going to be moving in the near future…she and her hubby are buying her grandparents house in the same small town that my MIL’s sister and hubby live in….Dub and Kathy have lived in this area forever, raising their children on the family ranch; their son Jerry still lives there. Apparently Suz’s whole family are from there! Small world, huh?

Missed my Daybook entry yesterday but I just could not get time to post it.

Hope you are all enjoying your week. Have a wonderful day!!!!!

No comments: