Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Work


I amazed myself by managing to actually be AWAKE at midnight on New Year's Eve...yay! Okay so I took a short snooze while watching season 3 of "Northern Exposure". Just a small siesta to get me by :0)

Last week the IT dept at HQ took down our 'net and email in order to resume them onsite...we were without both internet and email from Wednesday at 4 until sometime in the wee hours this morning. Ugh. Being without one or the other is bummer enough, but working all day Friday without even being able to chat on email with co-workers made for a super long workday.

Since it is Monday - the "official" day to post the Daybook entries, here is mine. Have a good day and keep warm!!!

For today, January 5, 2009...
Outside my window…it’s snowing big fluffy snowflakes
I am thinking...about what groceries I need from town when I go later, taking Rose out for her birthday this week, that my abs hurt from ball crunches this morning.
I am thankful for...the opportunity to further my education
From the kitchen...hot roast beef sandwiches made with leftover roast from Sunday dinner
I am wearing...my standard work attire…big hoodie, long-sleeved shirt underneath, jeans and my Docs
I am creating...a big pile of Kleenex in my trashcan :0(
I am going...to town this afternoon to pick up my textbooks for class
I am reading... ”The Looking Glass Wars”
I am hoping...for some time to sit and watch the snow quietly falling
I am hearing... ”Ave Maria” from Charlotte Church on my computer, people talking in the office
Around the house...things are back to normal and Christmas stuff is put away
One of my favorite things...the smell of rain
A few plans for the rest of the week: cleaning out the closets and making a run to the DI with the things we no longer need/use, trying a new recipe for ricotta pancakes, monkeying with my camera, maybe sale-shopping at Gateway???
Here is a picture thought I am sharing: (not sure why I can't get my picture to show up here where I want it) It has been very quiet at my house the last few weeks without band practice!

No comments: