Friday, June 27, 2008

Feelin' Lazy


Yes! Friday Friday Friday!! Sooooo hard to get out of bed this morning. I would love to be anyplace other than at work today, especially if I can spend it with family and friends :0)

Kitty update: Scar is doing quite a bit better; he's breathing so much easier and is acting like his old self. Yesterday I brought my son some popcorn chicken and fries home for lunch and Scar practically mugged him for the chicken! I don't know who ate more, Chris or the cat (LOL). So I will contact the vet and request that we continue with the injection(s) until they are no longer working. But of course if there is even the slightest hint that Scar is in pain, we will do the right thing and put him to sleep :0< Not looking forward to that day at all.

Our town is beginning it's normal week-long 4th of July celebration this weekend, starting with a rodeo tonight and tomorrow. They have all kinds of activities through out the week - dances, food and crafts in the town square, all kinds of stuff for the children, and it ends on the 2nd with our firework show. For a small town, our fireworks are actually really good. Then next week during the 3rd - 5th is the annual Cruise In car show, with the band Styx playing a concert the night of the 3rd. Each year the car club that hosts the Cruise In gives away a car; each admission ticket is put into the hopper and they draw a name the last day of the car show. This year is a 1970 Dodge Charger - a good ol' made in the USA muscle car. Woo hoo!!! I didn't get the '68 Camaro they gave away 2 years ago, so maybe this will be my lucky year (ha ha). Although right now with the gas prices I can't afford to DRIVE IT!

You all enjoy your weekend and stay cool!

No comments: