Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Hills are Alive With the Sound of....Rattlesnakes?





Wow. Wow wow wow. Apparently it's mating season for the rattlers. Pair that with the warm daytime temps and you have....alot of rattlesnakes....everywhere. This new developement has brought my normal outside walk/run routine to a screeching HALT. It's way too dangerous to venture up the mountain and thru the fields. Not that I am afraid of snakes; I'm not...I think they're cool as heck and have been known to pick up a few harmless snakes (blue racers, water snakes) to play with here and there, much to the chagrin and consternation of my hubby. But I have a healthy respect for anything that can do me serious harm (or worse!) with one bite. I've been up close and personal to a rattler bite...it's not pretty. And although I pay close attention to where I'm walking, if I somehow missed spotting a sunning snake, I couldn't hear the rattle due to the iPod I wear...and I can't run without it. So I guess back to the treadmill for a while :0( Boo. So if any of you are thinking about traipsing around the great outdoors, be sure to keep a good lookout for snakes in love.

1 comment:

crazydarla said...

Umm thankfully I my biggest fear in my mornin' running is tripping over a squirell who might have succumbed to some road kill - ick! (True story) I run from our neighborhood down Pancheri past ERJH and SHS and through the Westwood neighborhood and then back again. LOL So the squirell meat is a real deal LOLOL!!!!!!!!
:O) Darla