Monday, June 23, 2008

I Baked!





Holy cow! I had Betty Crocker moment yesterday and baked my little heart out. I made 3 loaves of yummy white bread from scratch - I can't remember the last time I made bread...it's got to be at least 8 years - and 3 dozen Oatmeal Raisen cookies. I enjoy cooking, and when I was a SAHM I baked cookies all the time. Then after I started working full time, it got to be here and there, then just at Christmas, to not at all. Everything turned out yummy, which is either good or bad depending on how you look at it....if it had turned out badly, I wouldn't be eating it and packing on a pound or 2. But since it's not an everyday thing, I'll just have to work harder during my runs and TRY not to munch on the bread. Cookies I can resist, but oh, that bread!!!

Cutting out of work early today. Got a very sick cat that is in dire need of medical attention. Cross my fingers that I'm not bleeding profusely after taking him (LOL). The vet is NOT his favorite person.

By the way, George Carlin passed overnight. He may have been crude, rude and politically incorrect but he was still funny. Some of our kids even know him as "Mr Conductor" from the Thomas the Tank Engine show, and he was wonderful as that character. Thanks for the giggles, Mr Carlin.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

crazydarla said...

Oh man, I remember baking cookies at your house in HS! I never did like to bake much, still don't. I am just not a handy cook at all.

Good luck with the running and working off those cookies! LOL

Sad about George Carlin indeed, we loved his humor "most" of the time!

Darla