Thursday, July 10, 2008

Do Your Boobs Hang Low?


Morning all! Hope your week is going well and you’re coasting into Friday!

I was listening to Dr Laura in the office yesterday (with all the electrical interference around my office I only get the AM talk radio station and the local pop station on my little radio)…she received a call from a lady who is around my age (she was 35) with 3 kids who wanted Dr L’s opinion on having a surgical procedure done to improve her breast situation. And Dr L proceeded to rip into her about vanity, who she was getting them done for (to impress other people) and if her husband still jumps her body he’s obviously okay with how her body looks so she should be too. I could not disagree more. If she was some bimbo who just wanted to get bigger boobs, I could see telling her she was being vain, advising her not to. I was thinking about this who scenario last night while on my walk…and I have to admit that if I had the $$$ I would totally get a boob job. Not that I want to have huge hooters, mind you; I just would like “the girls” full and perky like they were BEFORE HAVING KIDS, and put back where they started out at. Vanity? Probably. I may be wrong on this train of thought but I just think that if there is something about yourself that is broken that you have the means to fix, do it! If your teeth were crooked or had a big gap in them that you hated, you’d get them fixed, right? No one would call you vain or tell you it was wrong for doing that. So why is it wrong to feel better about your body by restoring your breasts to their “former glory”? Seriously! What is the problem?! Having a pert little bosom to make you happy is not what I’d consider one of the big ol’ flaming Seven Deadly Sins. Yeah, you should be more concerned with what kind of person you are - being kind, loving, compassionate, ect - than with what you look like; but can’t you be a kind, loving, compassionate person with breasts that salute the sun instead of the grass?

No comments: