Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sand on my mind




Good day to ya! Hope your week is going smoothly.

I am SO NOT in the mood to be at work today. Where would I rather be? Just about anyplace but the dentist would work, actually. I would really love to be on a beach someplace (California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Cabo...I'm not picky!) with my iPod, a good book, some nibbles and a cooler full of Diet Pepsi, soaking up the sun. I miss the ocean...I miss the beach.

My DIL is waaaaay up north today, picking up my nephew, Brady. He will be coming down to stay for a couple weeks. I am very excited to see him...he's hard kind of a rough life but has turned out to a great kid. He's 18 and 6 foot 40, I swear. I don't even want to know what his shoe size is (my boy Chris is headed that direction!) The fam is getting together on Sunday to go see "Journey to the Center of the Earth" in 3D and have dinner. We're gonna try to squeeze in a family trip to Lagoon while he's here as well...we'll see. May have to settle for surfing and indoor skydiving instead.

Ran ran RAN 4 MILES yesterday! One mile at lunch, and the other 3 after work! My knees are not bothering me this morning which is surprising. Must've been the Aleve ;0) I'll see if the old bod will do some more miles today, but I won't hold my breath.

Have a good day!!!

No comments: