Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mrs H


My best friend of 23 years called me last night in tears. Her mom had gone in for a routine physical yesterday for the insurance folks and the doctor found on an x-ray that she has some nodes on one of her lungs. Mrs H was a heavy smoker for several years, but quit some time ago (I have never seen a pack of cigarettes at the house, let alone seen her light up, so it's been a good long time since she's smoked). She is going in for a CAT scan today to see what's what. I am sure that they will find that these nodes are just innocent little blobs, not cancerous. Mrs H is a wonderful person...she and her hubby are like my other parents and they have always treated me like one of their kids. She has been battling with Myesemia Gravis for 4 or 5 years and it stinks that she is going through this. I am saying my prayers for her and remaining optimistic. No need to panic until there is something definate to get crazed about. Good luck today, Mrs H...hang in there...love you guys!

No comments: