Monday, May 5, 2008

Chunk


Maybe it’s just me, but being skinny in the winter and chunky in the spring seems kind of backwards, doesn’t it??? All winter I was thin but unable to enjoy my shape in public because, well, it’s winter….sweatshirts, sweaters, layers of clothing…you know, looking a lot like Nanook of the North. Now that it’s warmer weather and time to put on the capri’s, the tank tops, skirts and the short-sleeved shirts I’m sporting a serious case of muffin-top and my thighs haven’t been this big since I was pregnant. I’m angry and frankly quite depressed. So much for trying to be nice to myself and letting my metabolism “reset” – ha! You’d think all I do is sit around and pig out, which is sooo far from the truth. Back to the calorie restriction and increased walking time (now that I’m done with school for the semester and have free time again), with some serious weights, some tae kwon do and maybe some boxing thrown in for good measure. I need to get back in shape and into my size 8’s……… soon.

No comments: