Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Weekend


Ah, another delightful Memorial Day weekend has come and gone. And it never ceases to amaze me that tons of people insist on spending the 3 day weekend trapped in a camper with the rest of their family while it rains the entire time. Don’t get it. Not my idea of a good time. Why go through all the pain and expense (especially this year with the ridiculous gas prices!) of packing up your fam to head into the great outdoors to sit crammed into a trailer or tent while it rains? Lack of personal space creates lack of patience. Isn’t the point of camping to spend time OUTSIDE?? My train of thought is I can enjoy family time in my house where if we get on each others nerves at least there is more room to spread out and maintain some semblance of sanity. Don’t get me wrong here, I love to camp; I love to be tromping around the forest and fishing. Wish I did more of it. Maybe this summer…… :0)

Hope everyone had a great time over the weekend…I particularly hope that you all took the time to remember WHY we celebrate Memorial Day and thanked a vet for his or her service to this wonderful country of ours. Without their sacrifices, we’d be nothing. So thanks to all the service members, past and present….HOOAH!!!!

No comments: