Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Delicate Etiquette


I had a somewhat embarassing situation happen to me yesterday. A guy I don't know came into my office to ask some questions about job openings. When I looked up from my paperwork to help him, I noticed that he had a big ol' boogie hanging from his nose. I tried not to stare, but yet didn't want to seem rude by NOT looking him in the eye. I didn't say anything to him about it and after he left I got to thinking: how do you tactfully tell someone you don't know that they have a booger? Or do you not tell them? The same goes for zippers...if you happen to notice someone with their fly open, what do you say? This is all quite easily solved if the other person happens to be a friend. I have no qualms about mentioning to friends that they are in need of a tissue or that their zipper has come undone. But to say something like that to a stranger is a bit uncomfortable for both parties.

Wednesday....hump day. It feels very much like a Tuesday since I had Monday off. Short week at work - yay! Friday is my son's last day of school for the 07-08 year. He can't wait to sleep in. I think I will play hookey for a couple hours Friday and take him to lunch. Maybe Chinese....or Thai....yummy :0)

Get out there and sieze the day!

No comments: