Monday, September 22, 2008

Guy and our great pancake project


Guy Fieri is a reeeaaaallly bad influence. My waistline is expanding and it’s all his fault.

I’ve recently started to watch a show on the Food Network (I watch a couple shows on there once in a while…usually when I’m looking for dinner ideas) called “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives”. The host – Guy Fieri - travels around the country going to various eating establishments that are reknown for their food, be it locally or nation-wide. About 2 weeks ago, Guy visited a diner in Jersey City, New Jersey called the Brownstone Diner and Pancake Factory, which is known for it’s breakfasts, and in particular, their huge pancake menu. They have 20 or 30 different kind on the menu, but will make them with whatever you want in/on them. I recorded the show on the rerun, then sat my hubby and son down so they could see what they made. Inspiration struck…we got the idea that we would experiment with our own “gourmet” pancakes one Sunday morning. Well, yesterday was that morning. Oh…..my…….goodness. I made dark chocolate with toffee bits topped with bananas and whipped cream, chocolate pancakes with white chocolate chips topped with strawberries, plain chocolate pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes, peanut butter pancakes with bananas, peanut butter and chocolate chip pancakes, buttermilk pancakes with chopped pecans topped with bananas and maple syrup..I think that was it…that’s certainly plenty ;0) All 3 of us were in hog heaven after breakfast yesterday, let me tell you what. Those pancakes all turned out SOOOO good! My fav was the chocolate toffee with bananas. Lord help me. Our little project went so well I think we will do some more…maybe some apple & walnut, some peach (Chris’ favorite fruit!) ameretto, maybe some white chocolate and cranberry with walnuts…definitely making some pumpkin pancakes…made those before and they rock! However, an episode I watched over the weekend, Guy went to a diner that made gingerbread waffles with home made maple syrup……mmmmm, waffles……..gottta try that one ;0)

Have a great day!!!

No comments: