Friday, September 12, 2008

Looking (and feeling) Like Fall Out There



Happy dance!! It's Friday - woo hoo!! Yes, I have to work tomorrow, but it's still Friday, still the beginning of the weekend so I still gotta do the happy dance :0) Not got much planned...everyone in my house seems to have their own things to do...Chris is going to one of his friends house after swim practice tonight to hang, which more than likely will turn into a sleepover; Steve is busy finishing a mix for one of the bands he's recorded so they can pick it up tomorrow; me, I have to work all day as I mentioned, and I am going to go out for coffee and a gabfest with my dear friend, Rose. Sunday is all for family, though. After watching an episode of "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" on Food Network where the host visited a resturant in Jersey City, called the Brownstone, where they make about 5 million different kinds of pancakes (peanut butter chip with sliced bananas on top, nut & honey pancakes, pancakes with strawberry topping and a blop of sour cream,pancakes with bacon, sausage and ham in them, ect) we decided to experiment and make a couple batches of our own :0) I voted for trying the strawberry and sour cream ones; the men voted for a pancake "wrap" filled with eggs, bacon and cheese. I think we'll all be "belly up" on the couches for the rest of the afternoon after that.

It has been on the chilly side in the mornings this week, feels like fall is here. I imagine the leaves will start changing in the canyons here pretty soon. I will have to get the camera and take some drives on the weekends, see if I can get some good pictures. I really enjoy fall; I like the colors, the cooler weather, the big pots of stew and chili. Oh and football...can't leave that out :0)

You all have a great day and enjoy your weekend!!

No comments: