Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Still Ill





Still nursing a sick kidlet. He’s missed school all week so far; thought we had it kicked last night but his fever came back overnight so we’re back to square one. Boo. I hate it when my kid is sick. If I could be sick for him I would do it in a millisecond. My DH is trying to fend off a cold as well. He’s keeping ahead of it so far, thankfully. He’s got to play next weekend so he’s working super hard at staying well. Keeping my fingers crossed that they both get better soon and stay that way.

Made a killer dinner last night…chicken rigatoni with basil pesto sauce, lasagna, salad and sourdough bread. Mmmmmm mmmm! Italian is my all time favorite kind of food. Although I could have been perfectly content to have just the bread ;0) I managed to be a good girl and not to make a pig of myself…I had mostly salad with a slice of bread and a small helping of the chicken rigatoni. I’m still trying to get rid of the Lagoon weekend and reunion weekend binges. Bad bad bad…

There is something that happened recently that is actually an extension of an issue that occurred several years ago. I have been waffling on commenting on this latest event but have decided to jot down some thoughts and then not speak of it further on my blog. Those of you who know the story will understand what I’m about to say. There are people in life that seem to get some sort of disgusting pleasure out of hurting others. You know the type…those who will take any opportunity they can find to just shove the knife blade in your back and twist it. Sometimes these people are friends; sometimes co-workers, even family. I have absolutely no use for nor do I need to have people like this in my life. Life is short enough without having to worry about who’s looking for a chance to slap you in the face. Who needs the aggrevation? This latest blip on the disturbance radar has just furthered my belief that the people I am dealing with continue to show their true character. It was truly a tasteless deed in the most inappropriate venue. There’s a saying that goes “Needing someone is like needing a parachute – if they aren’t there the first time, chances are you won’t be needing them again.” And in the words of Forrest Gump, “that’s all I have to say about that.”

And so, dear readers, that wraps up another installment in my blog. Tune in tomorrow for more "exciting" adventures... :0)

No comments: