Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Monday















It's been busy at work today...lots of paperwork, reports, ect. Plus the big poobahs at corporate are coming tomorrow. Well, a couple tomorrow with a couple more arriving later in the week. And by big poohbahs I mean THE head of the company, his 3 top execs and our HR director. My boss has had our paint crew slinging paint on everything in sight in our shop since Thursday...he's pitching an expansion to our area and wants the current area to look decent. I hope his presentation works cuz we sure need the room!

It's also been a busy day in the valley. We had Supreme Court (yeah, that Supreme Court) Justice Antonin Scalia here today to speak at the college. At noon (sigh). I reallyreallyreally would liked to have gone but couldn't take the day off. How often do you get the chance to hear a Supreme Court Justice talk?? I don't know who the heck scheduled the time but it stunk -PU!!! This evening at our ice rink they are having a class open to anyone who wants to participate to learn how to curl. Yes, curl...you know, that funny-looking winter Olympic sport with one guy pushes a big ol' stone with a handle while 2 other guys with small brooms sweep a path in front of it as it glides down the ice?? It looked like fun when I first watched it in 2002 when we hosted the Winter Olympics...would totally LOVE to give it a shot. But the kiddo is sick so I feel I should stick around. They'll have another class in a few months; maybe I can swing that one :0)

And finally it was the first day of registration for the fall classes. I am wanting/needing to take two classes - one is the CNA (there are 2 classes) and Phlebotomy. Both the Phlebotomy and both CNA classes were filled up in the first 30 minutes. Poop. On toast. One bright spot is that the lady told me that the college was considering adding an additional CNA class if they had enough people who wanted to take the clsss and added me to the list of said interested parties. Registration ends Thursday, so I figure if I call Friday, they should know if they are going to add the extra class or not. If not, I guess I will just take the Medical Terminology class online while I wait for next quarter.

The pics?? Don't ask. It seemed appropriate today somehow...I'll get my RN when pigs fly; I'd be happy as a pig in mud if I could get into the CNA class; and the little piggy nose was just cute so I threw it in there.

Until tomorrow!

No comments: