Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Busy Weekend




Busy weekend! Lots going on, mostly on Saturday. My DH and his band played a gig (private birthday party) in Blackfoot; I worked ½ day, the kiddo had a fundraiser for the swim team, after which he and I drove north where he spent the night with his grandpa for a “bachelor night”… you know…..cigarettes, whiskey and wild women - ha ha ha ;0) I drove on up to IF where I picked up my BF and her girls, then ventured on up to Fall Creek, Swan Valley and Palisades with our cameras to snap pics of the gorgeous autumn colors. So pretty!! A friend and co-worker of mine was running his thoroughbred in the races at Sandy Downs over the weekend, along with his brother the jockey/trainer who had 10 of his running over a 2-day period…one of which was in the Bosun race with a purse of $55,000. ((That’s a lot of hay, y’all.)) Tried to catch them at the track but by the time we got back in town it was past 9, they were done running races for the day. Bummer. We dropped the girls off at home, fed them, then headed to Karens where my BF’s hubby was shooting some pool with friends. We ended up shooting some pool as well, which we used to do a lot of once upon a time. Actually were pretty good. Now, not so much. We stink :0) I think it took us 10, 15 minutes of chasing the damn 8-ball all over the table before either of us sunk it the first game. I’m thinking neither of us should quit our day jobs to become pro pool players (LOL). The band was great (they were friends of ours, a pleasant surprise!) so Aundria and I had to get out there and boogie to a few tunes before we called it a night (11:00 was waaaaay past my bed time!). Oodles of fun, went too fast, as the good times usually do. Met up with hubby, son, DIL, oldest daughter and SIL in Poky for brunch at noon on Sunday. I was hoping to get to visit my MIL Sunday but was surprised by the brunch plan so that will have to be another trip. Weekends definitely need to be longer. There’s just never enough time to see everyone and do everything in 24 hours.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are enjoying the great fall weather. Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

crazydarla said...

sounds crazy busy! wow! you just go all the time anyway, so how do you keep up with it all? yikes!

hey, have you gotten on the 20 yr reunion site yet? some great stuff going on -

Darla