Friday, September 19, 2008

No, seriously...TGIF!

Holy cow what a week!!! Busy at home, busy at work, busy busy busy! I am beyond relieved that it is finally FRIDAY!!!!!!

Chris is doing lots better. He still has a bunch of congestion but the fever has been gone since Wednesday night so I think he's finally over it. Hooray!

Busted ass all week at work - really since last Thursday - to get our department looking really sharp so that when the VP of our company came through here with my boss today it would make a good impression, kind of help us get approval for an expansion. The guys have painted and scrubbed and cleaned everything in our area...they've done a wonderful job and it looks great. In the last 3 days I have weeded our flowerbeds (since the damn landscapers haven't done it in more than a month), mulched said flowerbeds and cleaned our office to within an inch of its life. I came back in last night to finish up some things I couldn't do while people were still here (cleaning the glass in the door, wiping down desks, phones, file cabinets, ect.). The office looks fabulous. I even wore a skirt to make a good impression on this guy...and I hardly ever wear a skirt to work. And my boss tells me when I get here that the guy isn't coming. Not coming! ARGH!!! ((mental head slap)) There is a big big problem at one of the other plants so he went there today instead. And given the nature of the problem, I can understand. It's just a shame to see all the hard work everyone did be for nothing :0( Sigh.

I did have a nice surprise on my desk when I got here last night, though. My MIL and stepDIL sent me flowers :0)Just cuz they're so sweet and thoughtful and figured I needed some sunshine in my day since I've had kind of a rough few days. It's gorgeous!!! I get warm fuzzies just looking at them :0) So big thanks to you, Judie and Morrell, for being such wonderful in-laws...love you much!!

No comments: