Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Havin' Fun in Lava






So as I mentioned before, DH, kidlet and I attended a family reunion over the weekend for my mom-in-law's side of the family. I had a ball!!! I got to meet a ton of family, who are all just the best. I have long heard stories about the antics my DH and his cousin Jerry pulled when they were kids so I was very pleased to meet the famous "cousin Jerry" - finally. And now I see how easy it was for them to get up to no good when they were together...bad boys ;0) We ate (waaaay too much, but everything was just so darn good!), played horseshoes and frisbee and hackey sack, had water fights, looked through family pics, but mostly just enjoyed each other's company. DH, son and I stayed in a cute little rental house, along with my MIL and stepDIL. It came with everything - pots, pans, dishes, coffeemaker (thank goodness!), towels and linens...even a cat! There was an orange tabby cat that hung out on the porch, waiting his opportunity to catch one of the many hummingbirds that frequented the feeder. Sunday morning after breakfast, the 5 of us walked up to the house where my hubby's great-grandma lived, then we met up with my MIL's brother, David, and his wife, Betty, to wander around the Sunken Garden and the hot pools for a bit. Never been there before so it was cool. It was sad to have it end but I am very thankful to my MIL for putting the reuinion together (great job, Judie...it was wonderful!) and I am already looking forward to the next one!!!
**pics (not sure what order they're in here) - house we stayed in, family photo (minus a few that had to leave early), Christopher playing with Chany and James' pug Bentley, Sarah, Brandy and Jenna taking Tristin to "get his" after he smacked them with a few waterballoons (he sooo had it coming) and the Black-eyed Susans in bloom in the Sunken Garden.

No comments: